This simple recipe comes together in a matter of minutes, but it's all brought together with a slice of orange butter.
4 ounces butter
1 teaspoon orange zest
6 ounces red snapper filet
2 ounces red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
2 ounces yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
6 ounces heirloom tomatoes, sliced in half
3 ounces mixed baby lettuce
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 fresh squeezed lime
1. Cream the butter in a mixer until it turns almost white. Add orange zest and mix until incorporated. Remove the compound butter from the mixer, roll into a log in plastic wrap, and freeze until needed.
2. Season the snapper filet with salt and pepper to taste, and the olive oil. (You can add chopped dried herbs, as well.)
3. Add the chopped peppers to a sauté pan set over medium heat. Let them brown just a little to bring out their smoky flavor and juices. Sauté until at al dente, remove from pan, and set aside.
4. In a bowl, mix the lettuce with the cut tomatoes and toss with olive oil and lime juice.
5. In the sauté pan, add the skinless snapper filet, with the skinless side facing up. Cook for approximately 3 minutes on each side over medium heat.
6. On a plate, place the salad on one side. Add the sautéed peppers and top with the fish. Serve a slice of the orange butter on top. Drizzle with olive oil and enjoy.