Burnt Honey Rosemary Ice Cream Recipe
Burnt honey and fresh rosemary give this creamy ice cream a rich, delicious flavor.
Prep: 24 hours
4 cups milk
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
225 grams burnt honey
90 grams non-fat dried milk powder
40 grams dextrose (if unavailable, use sugar)
150 grams sugar
200 grams egg yolks
50 grams honey
12 grams sage
1. First, heat the honey until it begins to smoke (don't be afraid of the smoke).
2. Carefully whisk in the milk and add the heavy cream.
3. Blend the milk and milk powder together. Add sugars.
4. Blend in egg yolks and the second honey. Add rosemary.
5. Cook gently over a water bath at 160° F degrees fahrenheit for 20 minutes. Cool and strain.
6. Freeze in an ice cream machine. Serve and enjoy.