What better way to say "I'm over you" than with a blood-orange-and-tequila cocktail with a broken heart garnish?
All photos by Sydney Kramer.
'This drink is an ode to an album I received from a dear friend during a big heartbreak.'
2 ounces Tequila Ocho Plata
1.5 ounce fresh blood orange juice
3/4 ounce lemon juice
1/2 ounce pomegranate syrup
1 dash Angostura bitters
1 egg white
1. Put all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, adding the egg white last.
2. Shake with 1 ice cube for 30 seconds.
3. Open shaker. Fill with ice and shake for another 10 seconds.
4. Strain into a Champagne coupe.
5. Top with a pinch of salt and garnish with a charred blood orange peel in the shape of a broken heart.