Honey-baked ham? Over it. Gochujang is the future for this piggy.
Prep: 10 minutes
Total: 1 hour 30 minutes
1/2 cup Chung Jung One Gochujang Korean Chili Sauce
1/2 cup|125 ml apple juice
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons espresso or strong coffee
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cooked 6 to 7 pound, bone-in cooked ham
1. Heat the oven to 380°F|195°C.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the apple juice, chili sauce, maple syrup, espresso, and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk the glaze until smooth.
3. Lay the ham on a cutting board. Using a chef's knife, make slits 1⁄4 inch deep into the surface of the ham in a crosshatch pattern, approximately 2 inches apart.
4. Place the ham onto a sheet pan, flesh side down. Using a silicone brush, generously brush the glaze over the ham. Place the ham into the middle rack of the oven.
5. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting every 20 minutes. If the surface of the ham begins to burn, turn the heat down and cover the ham with a sheet of aluminum foil.
6. Remove ham from the oven. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Serve remaining gochujang glaze in a ramekin on the side.